Table of Contents
What to check when GNS3 VM is not green in Servers Summary
Once the GNS3 VM server is set up, when you start GNS3, the GNS3 VM will also start automatically. If it is normal, the GNS3 VM should be green in Servers Summary.
If the Servers Summary of the GNS3 VM does not turn green, please check the following points.
- Make sure that the versions of GNS3 and GNS3 VM match.
- Check if the port number setting of the VM server in GNS3 and the port number listened by GNS3 VM are the same.
Make sure that the versions of GNS3 and GNS3 VM match.
It seems that the version of GNS3 and the version of GNS3 VM must match, and the version of GNS3 can be checked from [Help] – [About].
You can find the version of the GNS3 VM in [GNS3 server version].
Check if the port number setting of the VM server in GNS3 and the port number listened by GNS3 VM are the same.
If the port number setting of the VM server in GNS3 does not match the port number being listened to by the GNS3 VM, the Server Summary will remain greyed out.
When I set up the GNS3 VM server (v2.2.17), the port number of the VM server was the same as the port number of the local server (TCP 3080) if I followed the setup wizard. On the other hand, the GNS3 VM on VMware was listening on TCP 80, so it was still greyed out in the Servers Summary. If they do not match, please match them.
You can check the port number of the VM server in GNS3 from  – [preference] – [GNS3 VM].
You can check the listening port number of the GNS3 VM in the [PORT] section.
- Installation of GNS3 (Windows10)
- How to download IOS of the real router to PC
- Creating IOS Router Template
- Setting up the GNS3 VM server
- What to do when GNS3 VM does not turn green in Servers Summary?
- Creating an IOS router template (VM server)
- Creating GNS3 project
- Link to Host OS
- Example of linking to the host OS
- How to add a VMware virtual machine to a GNS3 topology
- VPCS Configuration and Operation
- Managing Snapshots
- Export/Import configuration
- Packet Capture
- Edit startup-config directly
- How to change the Solar-PuTTY font and background color